Saturday, September 1, 2007

Planet Gemini September Update

*September Band Update*

Hello everyone, I figured I would stop in and give a quick update of how the album is going and give some more info for everyone who's wondering when the presales will start.

As of right now the album is still set for September. However, I must be honest and say that it is not 100% where I want it to be at the moment (I've only got about 40-something minutes of music and I really want more than that). So.. there may be a chance of another pushback when it comes to the release date.

It's funny because I have about 2 other albums worth of material however it's very important for me to make sure this album flows perfectly. So throwing any "cool" song won't do without being 100% sure it's going to benefit the album.

I am not going to give another release date if indeed I push this up again (as this is my 2nd now and I don't enjoy pushing albums up). But, I will say this.. I'm going to continue as if this album needs to be done by September.. and if it's not.. then it's not.. and really I can't do much in the way of speeding things up. Creativity just happens.

Until then I'll be posting a couple new DEMOS in the DEMOS section on the page. and I've even been contimplating another EP release before the end of the year (because I really enjoyed the last release and I got a lot of feedback from listeners who really enjoyed it.) I don't want you all to think that I'm putting anything on the backburner here. I have been very busy but still allocating a lot of time to the Planet Gemini album. My attention span as of late has been crazy. I've been learning many new things about production.. things that I want to impliment on this album the problem is.. the more I learn the better I want this release to sound.

Thanks to everyone who's written me about pre-ordering the album. (and the 2 people that just sent me money for it.. hehe) however, I can't accept money for an album that isn't finished just yet. It's on it's way. Trust me on this one. But... I need it to be perfect. I look to spend the next weekend writing new material and trying to throw some new ideas on the album. So far the track listing is.

Incantation
Grim (My God of Red)
Silver Strings
Lightmare
Minus
Moondancer
The Beast on Your Back
Author of Pain
Preachin to the Choir
The Man Who Killed the Sun
Eden

I just need to finish up "The Man Who Killed the Sun" and maybe write another track or two (more interludes really than songs).

I want to thank everyone for their patience. I've gotten a lot of e-mails saying "Take as long as you need for it to be perfect I just can't wait!"
and seriously... the fact that you are all so understanding about my obsession with this album being perfect is fantastic. This album is going to be very heavily promoted. It is going to be featured on many webpages and some magazines. I just need to be sure it's the perfect album. Technically I've only spent about 6 months on this album because I haven't been in writing mode all that long. But, 6 months is a long time. The next PG album will be out quickly and like I said earlier do not discount a free EP being thrown up on the webpage before the end of the year.

Thanks again everyone
Sincerely
H

PS.. anyone who needs to get in contact me can do so via e-mail at
hellion@planetgemini.net
I try my best to reply quickly but if it takes a couple of days please understand that I've been spending a lot of my time in the studio.

No comments: