Friday, August 8, 2008

So Wicked is finally released… What’s next?

I just want to get a few things out of the way before I go on a long rant about the future of Planet Gemini in 2008/2009.

As most of you know (hopefully all of you by now) Wicked was released on this webpage on August 4th of this year and the traffic basically slowed my webpage down to a crawl. If you had a hard time downloading the album on the first couple of days that would be why. Everything should be fine now as it only lasted for the first two days so please.. download away!.

I can't begin to tell you how pleased I am to have Wicked released and out there for everyone to hear. It's quite dark and is heavy as an album can be.. so if you haven't had a chance to listen to this album yet please take the time and check out the first couple of tracks. It might be your cup of tea…. Or it might not.

It is funny usually when I release an album I get tons of immediate feedback. Pretty much within the first day of release… This one took about 2 or 3 days for the feedback to start flooding in. It was well worth the wait as I really do feel that a lot of people have taken time to digest this album quite well. It is unrelenting… extremely heavy and actually quite progressive in some ways.

To make a long story short (or.. as short as I can ever make something) Wicked has broken all of my download records to date. Which tells me that the Planet Gemini name is getting out there more and more and that's all due to you who visit the webpage, the myspace page.. and just all of the people who support the band in general.

So for all of that.. I thank you all.

Now, I have gotten a couple of e-mails asking if this album will be available for purchase… One thing that I really wanted to do years ago with Planet Gemini was to create a project where I could give away music to people and I realize that I am alienating those of you who want an official pressed release of this album. But, the reality of the situation is that the cost of pressing these albums are quite expensive so it really is something that I have to weigh out doing. I really want to support this album with a pressing and have been considering maybe shopping it around to a couple smaller labels but, I have a hard time agreeing to someone owning my music. So, time will tell on that question. I will be putting up a lossless version of the CD soon so you all have that to look forward to.

Now onto the meat of this update

*The future of Planet Gemini*

Well, Wicked is released. The unicorn of my existence has been bound, caught and put on display for the world to see. So now… where do I go from here?

Well, I have 2 albums in the can ready to be recorded and filled out. (about 20 song ideas and demos lying around in the studio). I'm going to take about a month off and record a couple of bands that have been waiting to get in my studio… So, after I get done recording and producing a couple of albums for some other bands I will start working on…

Cauldron of Fuzz 666: the E.N.D.

Cauldron of Fuzz: "Evil Never Dies" will be another full length Planet Gemini album (Right now it is consisting of 8 tracks that are a little more lengthy and more jam oriented than the other PG stuff) I am looking to experiment with some organ and synth sounds a bit on this album but never fear… it will be bone crushingly heavy and more evil than one can imagine. The song titles I have so far are…

01. Secret Agent 666
02. The Nightmare Room
03. All of My Colors Turned Grey
04. Evil Never Dies

Again these are all subject to change at will… Once the album is finished I will piece all of the songs together. I probably won't be starting this album until mid-September because I really enjoyed last year's spontaneous Cauldron of Fuzz album and I want to keep that "Fresh" feel alive.

After that album I still plan on releasing another full lengthed Planet Gemini album in early-mid 2009 that I am currently calling "The Book of Red". I don't know if that name is going to stick once more material gets written for it but we'll see I suppose.

As always the most important thing to me is to make sure that everyone feels like they are a part of the project. I will be releasing a "Blueprint" version of Wicked. With some alternate takes of songs and maybe even a few of the original Wicked demos (that were written with Josh) as well.

All in all there is going to be a TON of Planet Gemini material out there for everyone this year and it's only going to increase more and more. I'm looking to experiment with different instruments and styles. I'm always evolving but above everything else one thing will always remain true. I love this.. I love what I do.. and I appreciate you all so much for listening to my stuff.. because above all else.. this is THE dream… and to be lucky enough to create and have people enjoy it so much means more to me than I can ever express. I don't care about selling CDs, labels, money.. all that shit means nothing.. The music is the only thing that matters. It is pure, untouched and completely unfiltered.. From my mind to your ears… and the fact that you all respect goes to show that we're all on a higher level than most.

Thank you all
Sincerely
H (The RIGHT Hand of God)

No comments: