Sunday, August 2, 2009

Statement on UK Classic Rock Compilation (Please Read)

First of all I would sincerely like to take the time to thank everyone involved who offered me a spot on the Classic Rock Compilation CD#69 and I would jump at the chance to do it again in a heartbeat. For those of you who have found the band because of this "WELCOME!" and this is not a post I'm making to complain in the least bit. However, there are a few things I would like to address. When submitting the song I had asked the gentlemen involved if I should send them the track mastered or unmastered. I was told to send it unmastered and here –in is where the problems stand with the track.

#1. The song was supposed to have a 30 second fade on it. So you could barely hear the blatant thievery of Trouble's song "The Eye". I didn't intend for that to be so prominent in the mix. It was used without permission from the band and it was used basically because I thought the "feel" of the song sounded very much like the Trouble song. So during improvisation I just started singing the verse to "The Eye" and decided to keep it in there and change up the ending riff a little bit to sound like it. It was very much meant to be an Easter Egg of sorts and completely done out of homage and respect and I hope that the folks in Trouble understand that. I very much wanted Trouble fans to BARELY hear that at the end and be like …WOAH! A shout-out to Trouble!!!! Everyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of the Chicago based doom metal band and I consider myself good friends with certain members of the band (past members).

#2. The volume on the mix didn't really match the others on the CD. Again, this is a small thing that mastering could have easily fixed.


 

All of this really doesn't matter and/or take away from the fact that I think the song is great and I really appreciate the opportunity for it to be heard to all of the Classic Rock subscribers. I would JUMP at the chance to do another and would like to take this time to thank Ken McIntyre for being so helpful and in contacting me. He is a great man who is very professional (especially dealing with someone who likes to keep an heir of "mystery" behind himself) It's really hard to use the name H or HELLION in writing credits and whatnot.. hehe


 

Thanks again to Classic Rock Magazine and I hope to do it again someday!
Sincerely
H

No comments: